Monday, June 6, 2011

Finally in the Garden!!

So, this week I was finally able to start gardening!

For those of you who are wondering, YES this is very late!!
It has been very wet here. And cold. Too wet and too cold to get into the garden. This weekend finally brought some nice weather my way and I was able to spend part of the weekend cleaning up my Perennial Garden and hubbie tilled the Vegetable Garden.

In fact, I spent so much time in the garden that I can barely walk today!! My knees are so bruised from kneeling. I was using a garden pad, but it seems that was not enough padding for the number of hours I spent kneeing in the garden!!! My hamstrings and glutes are extremely tight as well. Who knew gardening was an "extreme" sport?! I feel like I did a hard leg work out!!!

And I'm not finished yet! I still have a lot of planting to do as I have not even begun to seed my veggies yet! I will begin on that tonight.

I did get my first picking on Rhubarb this weekend and look forward to some fresh Rhubarb Custard Crisp!!!!


So much to do, and so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment