Thursday, October 14, 2010

Too Moisturize or not too moisturize, that is the question!

So I mentioned in an earlier posting that I have a shop on Etsy.com. The shop focuses on Natural products. One of the main products I make and sell at www.ritzysallnaturals.etsy.com is lip balm.

I started making my own lip balm several years ago when I began to have difficulty finding a commercial balm I could use. I get Eczema on, of all places, my lips. That's right, just on my lips. Anyway, it seems the ingredients in commercial lip balm aggravate the problem. Like any creative, semi-intelligent creature with opposable thumbs, I "googled" how to make my own lip balm. I continued to experiment with different ingredients, flavors and recipes until I had a product I liked.

To make a long story longer, I started selling them at craft fairs and, eventually, on Etsy. I currently make and sell 5 flavors:

Mint Tastic - pepermint
Tea Tree Entitled - Tea Tree
Orange Dreams - Sweet Orange
Chocolate Fantasy - a girls fav!
Bee Natural - unflavored


Orange Dreams is my favorite!!


So now I am trying to come up with some new flavors. I am considering adding a berry flavor of some kind. I was also looking at adding either a coconut and/or amaretto flavor.

I would love to get some input into what flavors others are interested in.... Your thoughts?


 
Mmmmmm....peppermint!! Maybe I should try Mint Chocolate?


I am getting ready to make a new run in early November and want to do some experimenting with flavor combinations.






If you are interested in these lip balms, check them out at www.ritzysallnaturals.etsy.com.

Feel free to tell me what you favorite flavor would be in the comments section.

Thanks!

Til later, keep it Natural!!

1 comment: