Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Kitchen!!

Okay, so my kitchen was last updated in the 1960's, I think. Check out the flooring in the pictures...and the gold stove!

So we are attempting to update the kitchen and put our own stamp on it. I started by painting the wall red. I love red! Then we painted the ceiling and put in new lighting. The previous owner had decided to put the fridge where the cupboards had been ...and cut them out with a saw! That left the corner all jagged and mad!

So now we tear apart to rebuild. My husband, Craig, and our friend Bill took out the mess left behind and have prepped the area to build a new floor to ceiling pantry unit. I am so excited!! I came home to the following...

 
See the flooring *shudders*. So the corner is cleaned out. My kitchen has stacks of dishes and food all over....


They even cleaned up after themselves....very proud!

So now we start new. Bill and Craig have come up with a design for an 8 foot pantry with a pull out bottom drawer for heavy items (like flour!) so I don't have to bend down and drag them out. The center console will have a plugin for the toaster and a "breakfast center" and the top will have extra storage!

Then we get to put in new Flooring!! WOW!

Tune in next time for project updates!

Til then, keep it Natural!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the remodeling project! That flooring reminds me of the flooring my parent's had when I was growing up. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys are making a lot of progress! I love the red wall. :)

    As far as the cut out things behind the fridge.. it's crazy what people will do. In our house the kichen is a pretty shade of green, I guess I'd say it's somewhere around a dark shade of sage. Well whoever painted the wall couldn't be bothered to pull the fridge out and paint behind it. When standing in the kitchen, you can see the very obvious place where the green stops and it's white behind the fridge. The thing is, the fridge is on rollers - I can move it no problem. I say it was just laziness! It's SO tacky. I've been thinking we should try and paint behind there, I'm not sure if my husband has the paint or not but maybe we could match it. That little thing always gets pushed off the To Do lists though. There's just too many other things going on all the time!

    ReplyDelete