Monday, November 1, 2010

90 Day Challenge - Week 1 Update

So I have completed week one of my 90 day challenge. This was a difficult week due to some family issues. I was not able to do everything exactly as I wanted, but for the most part, my week was good.

I began by adding a daily walk on my recently purchased treadmill. I bought the treadmill through the local buy and sell for a fraction of what it would have cost new. The treadmill had barely been used and is suiting my needs perfectly.

After a couple of days using only the treadmill for exercise, I added in a lower body weight work out and an upper body weight work out. I did each of these on successive days and then took a day off from weights. It has been a long while since I have done anything with weights and boy was I sore for several days after the lower body work out! It took probably 4 days for my quads (front leg muscles) to quit complaining. I had planned to do a second of each work out but ended up having to go out of town so I only had the two weight workouts in this first week.

My eating plan was the hardest part, I think. I cut out all processed foods, sugar and salt. I also limited my carbs to the first half of the day. My diet looked something like this:

Breakfast (post workout)
Protein shake with fruit, soy milk, yogurt and whey protein powder.

Mid Morning Snack
Boiled Egg
Veggie Sticks

Lunch
3 bean chili
Veggies
Grapefruit

Mid Afternoon Snack
Yogurt
10 almonds
Apple

Supper
Chicken Breast(baked)
Large Spinach Salad

Evening Snack
Either yogurt and fruit
Or fruit and nuts

I prepped my eggs, veggies and slow cooker chili on Sunday so I could just pop everything into a zippered cooler bag and take it to work with me.

I also worked on upping my water intake throughout the week. I probably tripled my water intake altogether. I had not realized how little water I was actually drinking!!


The addition of a clean diet, 5 cardio work outs and 2 weight work outs and tons of water have resulted in a two pound (2 LB) weight loss in this first week.

2 LB LOSS!!!!!
Yah, right on target for my goals!!


I am now entering week two and this week I need to try and get in all 4 weight work outs (2 lower and 2 upper body work outs!) plus the 5 days of cardio!


Wish me luck!!!!
Keepin’ it Natural!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are right on track. Doing great and looking good. Keep us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! Thank you so much for sharing! It takes a long while to make new habits, but eventually you'll live the way you want without even having to think about it I'm sure! I can't wait to read your next posts -- keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the loss. You are doing great, keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your encouraging remarks! I hope to post a progress update tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete